Wednesday, April 6, 2011

About My Research Paper

It was pretty easy to find articles on my topic. I used Academic Search Complete, Google, and Google scholar to get the information I needed. I had a basic idea of my topic before doing research. After doing research and finding articles I learned some interesting things. I rarely, if ever, buy music from iTunes so when I read about the new pricing schemes I was kind of shocked. I knew CD sales had decreased but i didnt know it was that dramatic. I chose my topic because music is one of my passions (even though i cant play any instrument). I own a small collection of vinyls and a bigger collection of CD's and so i was curious about how the industry has changed. I concluded that there will be a day when digital music takes over, but that will not be for a while. People still enjoy having something tangible. The digitization of music is played through iTunes, Pandora, Rhapsody and others, all being versions of new media.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, interesting topic. I just saw a commercial for Rhapsody on TV the other day. I actually thought about creating an account. But sometimes I do enjoy buying and owning CD's. For example, I love Taylor Swift and I'd rather buy her CDs then download them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting, it's unfortunate that the music industry suffers like that. It really gets you thinking why the film industry didn't fail the same way, or maybe they will in some time.

    ReplyDelete